Cytokines and growth factors are signaling molecules that control the activities of cells through intercellular communication. Numerous families of diverse molecules are categorized as cytokines and/or growth factors.
Which are the 6 most popular products?
The factors mentioned below mainly serve as primary components in cell/tissue culture, whereas e.g. PDGFs rather serve as secondary components .
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF): EGF is a potent growth factor that stimulates the proliferation of various epidermal and epithelial cells
- Fibroblast Derived Growth Factor-2 (= basic FGF, FGF-basic, FGF-2): Proteins of this family play a central role during prenatal development and postnatal growth and regeneration of a variety of tissues, by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation
- Leukemia Inhibitory Factor (LIF): LIF is a pleiotrophic factor produced by multiple cell types including T cells, myelomoncytic lineages, fibroblasts, liver, heart and melanoma.
- Transforming Growth Factor ß1 (TGF-ß1): TGF are multifunctional cytokines that regulate cell proliferation, growth, differentiation and motility as well as synthesis and deposition of the extracellular matrix-
- main use in: primary cells, bone related cells
- some products: TGF-ß1
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF): VEGF is a potent growth and angiogenic cytokine. It stimulates proliferation and survival of endothelial cells, and promotes angiogenesis and vascular permeability
- Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1): The IGFs are mitogenic polypeptide growth factors that stimulate the proliferation and survival of various cell types including muscle, bone, and cartilage tissue in vitro
And which are the cytokines you use the most?
Contact your local tebu-bio representatives to find the tools suited to your needs.