In my previous post, we focused on 6 cytokine growth factors for cell culture. This time, we will try to find the best factor for each main cell type.
- Established Cell Lines: this established cell culture will proliferate indefinitely given appropriate fresh medium & space
- Adult Stem Cells: these undifferentiated cells, found throughout the body after development, multiply by cell division to replenish dying cells and regenerate damaged tissues.
- Human Embryonic Stem Cells: these stem cells are derived from human embryos
- Murine Embryonic Stem Cells: these stem cells are derived from murine embryos.
- Leukemia Inhibitory Factor : mur LIF
- Induced pluripotent stem cells: this type of pluripotent stem cells can be generated directly from adult cells.
- Primary cells: these cells are taken directly from living tissue and established for growth in vitro. A lot of growth factors can be used.
- EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor ): hum EGF, mur EGF, rat EGF
- FGF (Fibroblast Derived Growth Factor): hum FGF-basic, mur FGF-basic, rat FGF-basic
- IGF (Insulin-like Growth Factor): hum IGF-1, mur IGF-1, hum IGF-2
- PDGF (Platelet-dreived growth factors): hum PDGF-BB, mur PDGF-BB, hum PDGF-AA, mur PDGF-AA, hum PDGF-AB, hum PDGF-CC
- VEGF Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor : hum VEGF 121, hum VEGF 165, mur VEGF 165
And for your freshly-explanted stem cells, no particular factors are advised.
Any doubt about the best factors for your research?
Contact your local tebu-bio representatives to find the tools suited to your needs.